In response to the absolute need demonstrated by community sport organizations across Canada, the annual Jumpstart Para Sport Fund is temporarily streamlined under the Jumpstart Sport Relief Fund, which is deployed by our partner the Canadian Tire Corporation (CTC). The unification of the funding programs during the pandemic aims to accelerate the distribution of financial support.
The Sport Relief Fund offers two funding streams that will be open to qualified organizations throughout the year:
Operational Support Stream: Assists organizations with grants up to $15,000 for operational and administrative costs, including:
· Rehiring or training of staff or new employees to meet changing needs,
· Payment of past due/overdue accounts;
· Organization Development, including fundraising/revenue generation strategies and operational efficiencies; and
· Equipment procurement, personal protective equipment, and program delivery adaptations (including start-up expenses related to establishing online programming).
Program Support Stream: Assists organizations with the costs of delivering sport and recreational programming, including:
· Program supervisors, instructors, coaches;
· Facility costs;
· Equipment costs;
· Costs incurred to meet return to play guidelines/provincial health protocols/regulations (e.g., PPE, cleaning supplies, individual equipment for participants, etc.); and
· Transportation costs.
We encourage all para sport organizations to visit the Jumpstart website for more information on eligibility, funding timelines and application process. All applications will be evaluated and prioritized using an Equity, Diversity and Inclusion score based on the applicant’s efforts to address systemic barriers to sport and recreation.
Click here for more information