Since 2013, Canadian Tire Jumpstart Charities and the Canadian Paralympic Committee have been engaged in a partnership to create greater opportunities for children and youth with disabilities between the ages of four and 25 to actively participate in organized sports and physical activity.
The Para sport Jumpstart Fund provides funding to support quality sport and physical activity programs that provide positive introductory and early competition Para sport experiences. Funding covers costs associated with registration, transportation, and equipment.
The Para sport Jumpstart Fund offers four streams of funding for eligible organizations.
1. Paralympic Sport Funding: This funding stream provides support for Paralympic Sport programming in single sports. There are 28 sports on the Paralympic program. For a complete list of sports click here.
2. Para sport Funding: This funding stream provides support to programming for sports that are not on the Paralympic program. These sports are generally considered “Para sport” and include wheel dance, waterski and wakeboard, Para golf, Para sailing, and more. This funding will support projects and programs for single sports.
3. Multi-sport Funding: This funding stream provides support to programs offering more than one sport. Sports and activities included can be Paralympic or non-Paralympic sports, or a blend of both. Jumpstart and CPC recognize that multi-sport programs are often important in entry level programming for children and youth in order to expose them to varying experiences.
4. Organized Physical Activity: This funding stream provides support to organized activities meaning there is a clear structure to the activity such as a water aerobics class, a group walking or wheeling program, or a physical literacy program.
Who Can Apply?
Organizations that are qualified donees (following the Canada Revenue Agency guidelines for more information) are eligible to apply for this grant. The Para sport Jumpstart Fund will cover costs for the following three types of programming:
1. Awareness, first involvement, and recruitment
Successful applicants will receive 70% of the funding upon the approval of the grant. The final 30% will be provided once the child data and final report is submitted.
Click here to check if you qualify to apply (Note: Opening March 18, 2019 to April 19, 2019).
For more information please check out the frequently asked questions here.