The Canadian Paralympic Committee (CPC) is looking for interested, and qualified candidates to help lead the organization in the following roles:
- President (1 position, 4-year term)
- Vice-President (1 position, 4-year term)
- Board of Directors (7 positions, 4-year terms)
These are volunteer positions.
The enclosed 2021 Nominations Package contains further descriptions and the nominations process, including:
- Calendar of Key Dates
- Overview of the Canadian Paralympic Committee
- Board Positions and Responsibilities
- Board Nominations and Election Policy
- CPC Bylaws
- Nominations Forms (links below)
The CPC is committed to diverse representation and including voices that are reflective of Canadian society and of our sport community. We encourage candidates to voluntarily self-identify on their application around their dimensions of diversity. Consideration will also be made with respect to geographical region.
The CPC especially welcomes nominations from those who can collectively strengthen the CPC’s representation in the following skills and expertise:
- Professional Accounting or Financial Designation
- Risk/Crisis Management and Oversight
- Government Advocacy
- Revenue Generation
- International Relations and Diplomacy
- Human Resources
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Those individuals interested in being considered for the role of President, Vice-President or Director are asked to submit a completed Nominations package. To be considered complete, the Nominations package must include:
- Form A: Nomination Form (to be completed by Nominator)
- Letter of Support from Nominator (maximum 1 page)
- Form B: Nominee Information Form
- Form C: Summary of Experience Form (maximum 1000 words)
- Résumé (maximum 2 pages)
- Form D: Identification of Expertise Form
- Form E: Statement of Interest (addressed in a 2-minute video)
- Form F: Signed Commitment Form
- Form G: Signed Campaign Guidelines Acknowledgement
Users are invited to change font, font size, and font colour to improve legibility and to select the document format (Microsoft Word, Excel and PDF) of their choice.
All documentation must be received by 6:00 pm EST on January 26, 2021 and may be directed by email, mail/courier or file transfer service to:
Canadian Paralympic Committee
c/o Patrick Jarvis
Chair, 2021 Nominations Committee
100-85 Plymouth Street, Ottawa, ON, K1S 3E2
File Transfer: https://paralympic.wetransfer.com/
The deadline for nominations is January 26, 2021 at 6:00 pm EST.
The Nominations Committee will circulate a list of nominated candidates to all Members for your consideration no later than February 19, 2021, in accordance with the Canadian Paralympic Committee By-Laws.
Should you have any questions, please contact Patrick Jarvis, Chair of the Nominations Committee, at firstname.lastname@example.org.