TORONTO - On Wednesday January 7, 2015, the Canadian Olympic Committee, the Canadian Paralympic Committee and the Canadian Sport Institute Network will be unveiling a substantial new partnership and high performance sport funding.
Media are invited to attend for photo and interview opportunities.
- Marcel Aubut – President, Canadian Olympic Committee
- Karen O’Neill – Chief Executive Officer, Canadian Paralympic Committee
- Ken Bagnell – President, Canadian Sport Centre Atlantic
- Honorable Bal Gosal – Minister of State (Sport)
- Steve Podborski – Lake Placid 1980 Olympic bronze medallist, two-time Olympian and Sochi 2014 Chef de Mission (skiing)
- Darcy Marquardt – London 2012 Olympic silver medallist, three-time Olympian (rowing)
- Christine Girard – London 2012 Olympic bronze medallist, two-time Olympian (weightlifting)
- Brent Hayden – London 2012 bronze medallist, three-time Olympian (swimming)
- Arjan Bhullar – London 2012 Olympian (wrestling)
- John Moonlight – Rio 2016 hopeful (rugby sevens)
- Trevor Hirschfield - London 2012 Paralympic silver medallist, National team captain (wheelchair rugby)
- Josh Vander Vies - London 2012 Paralympic bronze medallist (doubles - Boccia)
Wednesday, January 7, 2015
10:00 a.m. PST – 11:00 a.m. PST
Media should arrive at 9:30 a.m. to set up.
Richmond Olympic Oval
6111 River Road
Media will be given a guided tour which will include demonstrations of athletes working out and demonstrations of scientific training techniques.
- 30 -
Canadian Olympic Committee Media Office:
Yvon Long, Senior Manager, Media Relations
Tel: 514-861-5180 / Cell: 514-206-6720
Cherry Ye, Coordinator, Communications
Tel: 416-324-4123 / Cell: 416-427-4341
Canadian Paralympic Committee Media Office:
Martin Richard, Executive Director, Communications & Marketing
Alison Korn, Sr. Manager, Media Relations & Communications
Tel: 613-569-4333 Ext. 243 / Cell: 613-298-4927