Catherine Gosselin-Després, the Executive Director, Sport for the Canadian Paralympic Committee, has been named one of this year’s winners of the 5 to Watch Awards - Canada’s Sports Business Awards presented annually to five Canadian sports business professionals who have achieved remarkable career success prior to their 40th birthdays.
Winners are selected based on a variety of criteria including success metrics, workplace promotions and examples of entrepreneurship or creative problem solving. The 5 To Watch award recipients are as follows:
- Andrew Agro, Director, Corporate Sponsorship and Business Development, New York Jets
- Atila Ozkaplan, Senior Director, Technical Logistics, NBC Sports Group
- Catherine Gosselin-Després, Executive Director, Sport, Canadian Paralympic Committee
- Jordan Vader, Senior Director, Global Partnerships, Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment
- Lisa Ferkul, Director, Hockey Sponsorship, Scotiabank
Based in Ottawa, Gosselin-Després and her 13-member sports staff masterminded Canada’s successful showing at last year’s Paralympic Games in Rio. Team Canada finished a better than expected 14th in the medal count to gain huge momentum for Tokyo 2020. She credits improved relations with domestic national sport organizations and with Games organizing committees as big factors in the Canadian Paralympic Team’s success since her arrival at the organization in 2013.
Looking towards the PyeongChang 2018 Paralympic Winter Games, Gosselin-Després and her team work hard every day at finding new areas of leadership and operations to differentiate the program and seek a competitive advantage, while staying true to Canada’s vision of being a world-leading Paralympic nation.
The Awards Ceremony will be held on Thursday, June 22, 2017 at George Brown College Waterfront Campus in Toronto.
For tickets and further information, visit 5towatch.ca or follow @5towatch for twitter updates.