From June 4th to 6th 2014, the Canadian Olympic Committee and Canadian Paralympic Committee's most prestigious annual event will take place. A superstar class of Olympic and Paralympic heroes will be honoured over three days filled with community outreach, public appearances and engaging celebrations, starting in Ottawa and culminating in the Edmonton and Calgary.
This celebration includes the Heroes' Tour (Ottawa, Edmonton and Calgary), the Sochi 2014 Parade of Champions (Calgary), and the Canadian Olympic Hall of Fame Gala Dinner & Induction Ceremony (Calgary). We are now looking to you, to help us get the message out to the great people you know! There are multiple ways for you and your organization to participate and helps us celebrate our Sochi 2014 athletes and coaches.
Many volunteers are needed to execute an event of this magnitude. We are looking for over 200 responsible adults in all three cities that have previous volunteer experience to help us deliver the best and biggest COE event ever!
There are multiple positions available that span across all three days and cities:
- Ottawa- June 3rd (2:30pm-7:30pm)
- Edmonton- June 4th (7:30pm- 1o:oo pm)
- Calgary- June 4th (9:30pm- 11:30 pm)
- Ottawa Macdonald-Cartier International Airport
- Edmonton International Airport
- Calgary International Airport
Description: Welcome our athletes and coaches as they arrive into the host cities. Volunteers will greet our Heroes', provide snacks and water and guide them to the various COC hotel shuttles.
- Ottawa- June 4th (8:ooam- 12:oo pm)
- Edmonton- June 5th (8:30am- 2:oo pm)
- Calgary- June 5th (8:30am-2:oopm,11:oo am-4:oopm)
- Schools and hospitals throughout the host city
Description: Accompany athletes to schools and hospitals for community outreach tours
PARADE OF CHAMPIONS
- Calgary- June 6th (7:30am -2:30pm)
- Downtown Calgary (more information to come)
Description: Ensure the Parade moves along as it should and fans stay on the sidelines as the Parade goes through the streets of Calgary.
OLYMPIC HALL OF FAME AND INDUCTION CEREMONY GALA
- Calgary- June 6th (4:00 pm - 8:oo pm)
Description: Help with the registration desk or be a VIP greeter for all COC invitees and athletes
WHO CAN VOLUNTEER?
Here are some general criteria for volunteering, for your consideration before sending the info:
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- A minimum of one 4-hour shift (those committing to more hours/shifts will be given priority)
- One orientation session via conference call prior to the shift
- Volunteers will be responsible for their own accommodation, transportation to and from work assignments, and other like costs
- Meals (lunch or supper) will be provided if your shift requires you to work during the meal hours (llam-lpm; 5pm-7pm)
If you or someone you know is interested in volunteering, please complete the form at the following link:
The application deadline is Thursday May 22nd 2014 at 11:59PM; selected volunteers will be contacted the following week with the information required for their position.
Thank you for your interest and we look forward to seeing you!