New program will usher in era of inclusiveness; help students of all abilities play, learn and grow together
TORONTO, Sept.11, 2014 - The Canadian Paralympic Committee is announcing the public availability of a revolutionary new physical literacy program known as the Canadian Paralympic FUNdamentals Physical Literacy Resource:
- Designed to help educators promote physical literacy and to encourage the inclusion of children with a disability into sports activities at school alongside able-bodied children
- Program will usher in a new era of inclusiveness to help students of all abilities play, learn and grow together
- The most comprehensive of its kind internationally, the program establishes Canada as an international leader in promoting fully inclusive, integrated physical education experiences through parasport
- Available Sept. 18 via an online portal, free to Canadians. To pre-register: http://ow.ly/BkMDF
- Created in partnership with Physical and Health Education Canada and the sports of boccia, sitting volleyball, goalball and athletics
- Co-authored by visually-impaired Paralympic rower and special education teacher Victoria Nolan
- September 18, 2014
- Sport demonstrations by students: 10:00-10:30 a.m.
- Press Conference: 10:30 – 11:00 a.m.
- One-on-one Interviews and photo opportunities: 11:00 – 11:30 a.m.
- Karen O’Neill, Chief Executive Officer, Canadian Paralympic Committee
- Victoria Nolan, two-time Paralympic rower (Beijing 2008 and London 2012), teacher, co-author of the new program
- Josh Dueck, three-time Paralympic medallist in para-alpine skiing, Sochi 2014 and Vancouver 2010 Paralympian
- Chris Jones, Executive Director and CEO, Physical and Health Education Canada
- Launch of the first-ever Canadian Paralympic FUNdamentals Physical Literacy Resource for Canadian schools
- One-on-one interviews and photo opportunities with students, athletes, special guests and officials
Please RSVP to email@example.com by September 16, 2014. Should you have any immediate questions please contact:
Canadian Paralympic Committee
Phone: 613-569-4333 ext. 243
About the Canadian Paralympic Committee
The Canadian Paralympic Committee is a non-profit, private organization with 25 member sports organizations dedicated to strengthening the Paralympic Movement. The Canadian Paralympic Committee's vision is to be the world’s leading Paralympic nation. Its mission is to lead the development of a sustainable Paralympic sport system in Canada to enable athletes to reach the podium at the Paralympic Games. By supporting Canadian high performance athletes with a disability and promoting their success, the Canadian Paralympic Committee inspires all Canadians with a disability to get involved in sport through programs delivered by its member organizations. For more information, visit www.paralympic.ca
Follow the Canadian Paralympic Committee: