2014 UCI Para-Cycling Track World Championships mark the start of Paralympic qualification process
(Ottawa, ON – April 07, 2014) Three members of the Canadian Para-Cycling Team will represent Canada at the 2014 UCI Para-Cycling Track World Championships in Aguascalientes, Mexico, the first qualifying event for the Rio 2016 Paralympic Games.
The Canadians are targeting international ranking points towards Paralympic qualification.
Cycling Canada is looking to further develop its Para-Cycling Track program as it awaits the completion of the new indoor velodrome in Milton, ON. The Mattamy National Cycling Centre will be completed in the fall of 2014 and will host the track cycling competitions at the 2015 Pan-American and Parapan-American Games.
The Canadian team has been in California for a pre-event training camp since March 22, spending time at the San Diego and Los Angeles velodromes. The world championships will be held April 10-14.
CANADIAN TEAM - 2014 UCI PARA-CYCLING TRACK WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS
- Marie-Claude Molnar [C4] - St Bruno, QC (Kilo, Pursuit, Scratch)
- Jaye Milley [C1] - Calgary, AB (Kilo, Pursuit)
- Brayden McDougall [C1] - Calgary, AB (Kilo, Pursuit)
- Eric Van Den Eynde, Head Coach
- Philippe Maheu, Physiotherapist
- Maxime Gabrielle, Mechanic
- Philippe Gariepy, Team Doctor
Follow Cycling Canada on Twitter at www.twitter.com/cyclingcanada and on Facebook at www.facebook.com/cyclingcanada.