The Canadian Paralympic Committee is currently seeking applications for representatives on the Paralympic Development Committee.
The Paralympic Development Committee represents the Canadian Paralympic Committee’s Sport and System Development expertise at the Board level. The Committee’s mandate is to advise and provide strategic direction on sport and system development issues and/or concerns that CPC should be focusing on.
The Paralympic Development Committee shall, under the authority delegated to it by the Board of Directors, provide guidance for all Sport Development matters, including:
- Ensure that the efforts of the National Office Sport Development Department and working groups reflect the mission, vision and values of the CPC.
- Support the Sport Department, and working groups in the achievement of the goals, tasks and actions outlined in the CPC business plan for podium performance and system development, from the Paralympic development perspective.
- Serve as an appointed member on the CPC Review Team for the selection for the Para-Equipment and Recruitment Program Fund
- Support the Sport Department annual budget requests to achieve the goals, task and actions outlined in the business plan
- Present and support the recommendations and policy revisions of the Paralympic Development Committee and working groups at the Board level.
- Keep abreast of domestic and international sport trends, issues and development and ensure CPC is in a position to take advantage of these trends and developments.
- Ensure that CPC is a leader in national and international sport for athletes with a disability
The Chair will be designated by the Board of Directors.
- Committee members
The Committee is comprised of a maximum of ten (10) members including the Chair who possess knowledge of Paralympic sport and general sport technical knowledge and experience from working with national, provincial and local sport organizations. In addition, specific experience with first-contact and recruitment of participants into parasport, long-term athlete development and in-depth experience and knowledge of the Canadian sport system is required.
Applications are opened for the following positions:
- Education Representative
- Community Representative
- Sport Representative
- LTAD Pathway Representative
- Members at large (1-2)
The Committee will also include one representative designated from each of the following Committees: High Performance Committee, Coaches Council, and Athletes Council. These positions are not open for application.
- Committee terms of office are four years in length with the option of serving three consecutive terms. Upon the initial establishment of the Committee, initial term lengths may be staggered at the discretion of the Chair in order to ensure continuity and efficient transitions.
- If required, the Development Committee will meet once a year face-to-face prior to CPC’s annual Congress and AGM. Quarterly meetings will occur via conference call or in-person as requested by the Chair and/or the CPC Board. A meeting may be called as needed by the Chair and/or the CPC Board.
- The logistics for all such Paralympic Development Committee work and communication will be arranged by CPC staff, in consultation with the Paralympic Development Committee Chair.
- Meeting agenda and supporting background information will be developed and distributed to all members well in advance of the meetings. Meeting minutes, reports and other outcomes will be part of the regular Board reports. A meeting will proceed provided a majority of Committee members are present.
If you are interested by the various positions please submit your application including a cover letter and resume to Stuart McReynolds, Manager, System Development & Education at email@example.com by May 16.