The Canadian Paralympic Committee is excited to be seeking applications for an amazing volunteer opportunity, the 2016 Paralympic Games in Rio de Janeiro (Brazil) being held from September 7 to 18, 2016. The Assistant Chef de Mission is the representative of the Canadian Paralympic Team, a member of the Core Leadership team, and a member of the CPC Issues Management Team at Games.
This position involves a significant level of responsibility and requires a considerable commitment of time, energy and effort. The successful candidate is expected to provide overall leadership to the Canadian Paralympic Team, with key responsibilities including (but not limited to) participation in site visits, regular conference calls and/or mission staff meetings, national events, selection trials, training events, the Chef de Mission Seminar, Support Team Orientation Seminar and the Games themselves.
The CPC will cover the travel expenses to meetings, seminars and the Games; in addition to accommodation and meal costs incurred while fulfilling responsibilities.
- One (1) CPC Paralympic Games Sport Member in good standing as of the date of the Call for applications is permitted to nominate one candidate.
- Two (2) CPC Board members are also permitted to nominate one candidate
The selected candidate will demonstrate the below qualifications.
- To have a variety of experiences and skills demonstrating ability to lead, motivate and foster team building;
- To be a known figure in Canadian sport and a spokesperson on behalf of the CPC when required;
- To demonstrate strong organizational, interpersonal and effective communications skills;
- To demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills;
- To have a demonstrated ability to work effectively with athletes, coaches and team officials;
- To have background experience and expertise with problem-solving and crisis management;
- To commit an extensive amount of time to the role;
- To demonstrate the ability to work in a fast-paced and pressured environment; and
- To create an environment where athletes and coaches can compete to the best of their abilities while achieving podium successes.
- To have the ability to communicate in both Canada’s official languages;
- To be aware of and understand CPC strategic framework, policies and issues related to Paralympic Games;
- To have previous experience on a Paralympic Games mission and/or other international Games experience is an asset; and
- To be involved with CPC and the Paralympic community
DOWNLOAD NOMINATION FORM: Click here
Please send your application including filled nomination form, letter of interest and resume to the Executive Director, Sport, Catherine Gosselin-Després at email@example.com by January 13, 2015