The Parasport Jumpstart Fund was created by Canadian Tire Jumpstart and Canadian Paralympic Committee to help get more kids across Canada involved in sport.
The fund helps to support the costs of sports and recreational programs for children between the ages of four and 18, who are living with a disability.
Funds may be used towards registration, transportation and equipment costs for children within approved Parasport programs.
- Children aged 4-18
- Focuses on recruitment programming and sport opportunities for children with a disability
- Funding provided to support creation of a new program or go towards the expansion of an existing successful initiative providing a positive introductory Parasport experience. Applicants can apply for funding for awareness, first involvement and recruitment, ongoing program support and athlete development initiatives.
Funding Streams: The Parasport Jumpstart Fund offers three streams of funding for eligible organizations.
1. Paralympic Sport Funding: This funding stream provides support for Paralympic Sport programming in single sports. There are 28 sports on the Paralympic program. For a complete list of sports click here: http://paralympic.ca/paralympic-sport
2. Parasport Funding: This funding stream provides support to programming for sports that are not on the Paralympic program. These sports are generally considered “Parasport” and include wheel dance, waterski and wakeboard, para golf, para sailing and more. This funding will support projects and programs for single sports.
3. Multi-sport Funding: This funding stream provides support to programs offering more than one sport. Sports and activities included can be Paralympic or non-Paralympic sports, or a blend of both. Jumpstart and CPC recognize that multi-sport programs are often important in entry level programming for children and youth in order to expose them to varying experiences
How to Apply
1. Read and understand all the eligibility criteria and funding guidelines prior to submitting your application.
2. Complete the application form and provide all the applicable information at: http://jumpstart.canadiantire.ca/content/microsites/jumpstart/en/parasport-jumpstart-fund.html
3. Once complete applications are submitted by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org Applications must be received by August 11, 2017 by 5:00pm PDT. Late applications will not be accepted.
Who Can Apply?
Organizations that are eligible for funding are included below:
- A registered charity (including a registered national arts service organization)
- A registered Canadian amateur athletic association
- A registered housing corporation resident in Canada constituted exclusively to provide low-cost housing for the aged
- A registered Canadian municipality
- A registered municipal or public body performing a function of government in Canada
- A registered university outside Canada that is prescribed to be a university, the student body of which ordinarily includes students from Canada
- A registered charitable organization outside Canada to which Her Majesty in right of Canada has made a gift
- Her Majesty in right of Canada, a province, or a territory
- The United Nations and its agencies
- Provincial Sport Organizations
- Multi-Sport Organizations
- Disability Sport Organizations
- An organization incorporated as a not-for-profit corporation or society
- An unincorporated branch or chapter of a registered charity or incorporated not-for-profit organization. The incorporated organization or registered charity must authorize the application and accept responsibility for any approved grant.
- An Indigenous community